CMS2022 is the 55th edition of the CIRP International Conference on Manufacturing Systems organized under the auspices of the International Academy of Production Engineering CIRP. Due to rapidly changing economic, social and environmental factors, manufacturing systems are undergoing a fast and deep transformation process. To lead such a transformation, it is crucial to adopt novel value chain structures, new organizational and production paradigms as well as innovative digital and automation technologies.
We are happy to welcome you in Lugano and we are looking forward to an interesting exchange with focus on Leading Manufacturing Systems Transformation and the following challenges:
- increasing the overall value chain resilience through adaptive and responsive supply chains,
- exploiting the full potential of digitalization processes at machine, robot and system levels,
- creating value through biological transformation of manufacturing systems improving sustainability,
- promoting human centred manufacturing value chains where proficient adoption of technology preserves people competences and skills while reducing physical and cognitive loads,
- integrating digital twins with industrial cyber physical systems to support manufacturing systems design, optimization, control and maintenance,
- developing smart and highly collaborative machines and robots relying on advanced AI based communication, sensing and control techniques.
29 June 2022 — 1 July 2022