How Many Hopes and Predictions of Development Came True?
The CLINAM Summit, as a globally unique clinical event with members from more than 40 countries brings together since 2008 all stakeholders in nanomedicine, targeted medicine, and precision medicine. Out of the over 2000 interventions from 2008 to date, there are many predictions of near and far-terms of projects, diagnoses, therapy, research, and development of materials and devices. What was achieved? At CLINAM 2022, former invited speakers look back and present their results of today. “From hope to achievements” shall show how brilliant the future in nanomedicine is. Often “nanomedicine” was said to be hype. Today we know that nanotechnology in medicine is the indispensable discipline and ground for further change in health care for all.
How to Improve a Virtual Meeting?
The summit builds on the principle that fundamental and applied scientists, developers, clinicians, regulators, and professionals from various related fields can mutually learn from each other to find better solutions for the medicine of the future. This leads to new collaboration and consortia of experts that can accelerate the development and strengthen the efforts towards medicine that delivers more benefits to patients and society. The CLINAM Summit has the tradition of hosting experts from more than 35 countries. In May 2022, traveling may still be obscured with major hurdles. Quarantine requirements might change a three-day event to a two-to-four-week trip. Since the pandemic has begun, CLINAM has already proved, in October 2020, that a virtual event is scientifically seen a good possibility for an exchange of excellence. Of course, it is less jovially and physically we miss each other. We look forward to 2023, hoping for a real-life meeting. CLINAM will present a new concept to make also oral debate available next to live stream. During this summit, separate debate rooms shall be realized.
What are the hot topics in Nanomedicine?
The meeting will highlight recent groundbreaking achievements in the last two years. The rapid development of vaccines for COVID-19 opened up novel arenas of cooperation between researchers, developers, and even between usually competing companies with the regulatory frame authorities. The unseen and revolutionary protective wall against COVID -19 by novel vaccines gives outlook and hope for a profound acceleration of novel drug development in the near future to the benefit of patients. Novel technologies are investigated for applicability to enable and improve health care in countries where therapy until today is unaffordable. Personalized Nanomedicine is the core competence for this. Drug development will be done in novel pathways!
What are the Focus topics 2022?
The CLINAM Organizers have invited many experts of excellence on the topics we propose.
• Nanoparticles and the Immune System
• Extracellular Vesicles in Nanomedicine
• Nanomedical Treatment of Rare Diseases
• Nano vaccines – from Packaging to Targeting and Controlled Degradation
• RNA-Based Drugs Against Multiple Diseases
• RNA-LNP based therapeutics
• Theranostic Concepts in Immunotherapy
• Molecular Modalities for Previously Undruggable Intra-cellular Biological Targets.
• Late-Breaking and Ongoing Trials in Nanomedicine
• Novel standards of Therapy for Diseases by Personalized Nanomedicine
• Non-biological Complex Drug Products Development
• Against Antibiotic Resistance with Lipids
• Regulatory Matters and Regulatory Authorities Meeting
• Lessons learned from the experience during development and clinical use of Nano-drugs
• Bioethical problems raised during the Corona pandemic
• Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing