Lausanne Montreux Congress
At the heart of Europe and set against a backdrop of jaw-dropping scenery, just 40 minutes from Geneva International Airport, Lausanne & Montreux Riviera is a uniquely idyllic setting for your conference or event. These two compact, thriving and cosmopolitan cities are surrounded by stunning scenery at every turn: from snow-peaked Alps to the tranquility of Lake Geneva and the UNESCO world heritage vineyards of Lavaux. The area benefits from an ultra-modern infrastructure – in terms of transportation network, convention halls, hospitality and accommodation centres – that places it among the top ranks of sought-after destinations for city eco-mobility and event planning. It offers numerous first-class hotels and conference venues, leading business schools, and international companies – all drawn by its allure, accessibility, and famous Swiss efficiency!
With a historic tradition of hospitality, it’s no surprise that Lausanne & Montreux Riviera offer such a diverse range of accommodation options to welcome you: everything from luxury 5-star hotels to a popular youth hostel. With over 6,500 rooms in the region to choose from there is always something to meet your requirements. In the past few years, Lausanne & Montreux Riviera’s hoteliers have invested heavily to ensure its business customers are ideally served, with an abundance of conference rooms and accompanying high-tech facilities, designed to make every event truly memorable.
Thus the region is perfectly placed to stage your convention, conference, business event or meeting with the help of Lausanne Montreux Congress.
Leading Sustainability Destination
Conscious of its exceptional natural setting, Lausanne & Montreux Riviera has made sustainable development one of the spearheads of local policy making for many years.
Recent forward-thinking energy policy has enabled Lausanne & Montreux Riviera to integrate the GDS-Index which recognises internationally its responsible practices in the business tourism and events industry.
This strategy demonstrates how much the authorities followed by many private companies here, forge its reputation as a new Global Sustainability Destination that cares passionately for tomorrow.
Health & Tech Valley
Aside 450 Biotechnology companies, 300 medtech, 500 laboratories in Biotechnology research and 8 incubators, the region’s main industries are Technology and Innovation, Medical Engineering, Fintech & CleanTech, Education, Sports, Culture, Gastronomy, Hospitality in addition to Life, Social, Human and Nature Sciences.
A comprehensive range of services
Lausanne Montreux Congress (LMC) offers from venue sourcing to logistics planning and full event management services – designed to create state-of-the-art events in one of Europe’s finest locations.
- Expert advice, venue sourcing and feasibility studies
- Planning and accommodation booking
- Transport and logistics planning
- Abstracts handling, on-line event registration and event management
- Speakers, Exhibitiors and sponsors management
- Organisation and management of social activities
- Organisation of site inspections
- Financial and accounts management
To discover how Lausanne Montreux Congress will transform your event from a great experience to the unforgettable one, contact us today.
10 reasons to come to Lausanne & Montreux Riviera:
- Easy access & Free City Public Transports Cards
- Part of the Schengen area. Open to the world, international hub & network
- Wide range of accommodation, from simple inn to palace
- Perfect setting & Exclusive venues
- Numerous excursions, by train, boat or on foot in one of Europe’s most beautiful regions with its biggest lake surrounded by the magnificent Alps mountains
- Gourmet & hospitality paradise, highest density of top ranked restaurants in Switzerland – 7,7% The lowest VAT rate in Europe
- Swiss quality combined with French flair. Reliable services, political stability, renowned efficiency
- Sustainability – award winning with considerate environmental planning & newly ranked by Global Destination Sustainability Index
- Internationally acclaimed Montreux Jazz Festival, Athletissima and other great events throughout the year
- Lausanne, The Olympic Capital, hosting the International Olympic Committee, The Olympic Museum and more than 55 international sports federations and organisations
- Lausanne, Switzerland’s fourth-biggest city and capital of the Canton of Vaud
- Montreux is a charming Belle Epoque architecture city where all infrastructures are reachable within walking distance
- Montreux and Vevey take advantage of a mild microclimate
- Lausanne & Montreux are both human sized cities and host over 30 museums, 1 opera, Béjart Ballet Lausanne, hundreds of cultural venues & events, over 250 schools and 5 golf courses
- Breathtaking landscape, 5 golf courses, such as Lavaux terraced vineyards, an UNESCO World Heritage Site
Lausanne Montreux Congress in brief
- 3 major convention centres (max. capacity: 5’200 pax)
- over 6,000 hotel rooms split in 120 hotels
- 283 meetings rooms in the conference hotels
- 30 headquarters of multinational groups
- Unmissable social venues such as The Olympic Museum, Chillon castle, Salt mines, and the world’s largest fleet of Belle Epoque paddle-steamers, cruising on Lake Geneva
Latest major venue openings:
- MILLENNIUM, an exceptional setting of over 40,000 m2, is ideal for your professional and cultural events.
- AQUATIS Vivarium & Aquarium, the biggest fresh water aquarium in Europe
- Chaplin’s World by Grévin, an unforgettable experience across time and through the magical world of cinema
- Located within the ArtLab at the Swiss Federal Technology Institute (EPFL), the Data-Square is an experimental Research & Art space which also houses the Monreux Jazz Festival Archives, a UNESCO heritage.
- Agora, the Swiss Cancer Center,a leading innovation and collaboration stimulator between scientists and clinicians
- World Archery Excellence Centre providing perfect target games for big incentive groups
- Vaudoise Arena, the biggest sporting and meeting venue of the whole region
- Plateform 10, a new cultural hub of three museums in the heart of Lausanne